Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A 3 post weekend - post 1

I realize that it is now Hump Day and I have yet to tell you about my weekend (I love that I write in my blog like people actually read it!! ha!) This might be the world’s LONGEST blog post (or perhaps I’ll break it up into several segments…yes…I believe we’ll call it a 3-post weekend! Ha!)

A 3 post weekend - post 1

Friday night I taught ESL and pretty much collapsed as soon as I got home. The goal was to annihilate Cael – the headache of death – to be ready for a FABULOUSLY FUN and FULL Weekend! (I love alliteration!) WELL I LOST. Cael won the fight and I laid miserably in my bed all evening and well into the night. The neighbor girls were having a slumber party and I’m fairly certain that there is a megaphone in their bedroom that pipes sound directly into my room. I heard high school conversation like I haven’t heard it in a LONG time. I finally fell asleep in the wee hours of the morning and slept for a few hours before waking up miserable yet again. I stayed in bed until approximately 11:00am and then started getting ready for my day. Saturday afternoon was filled with wedding plans and details for sweet Shalina. I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER! We started with linens, and then moved onto tuxes, and finally flowers. She was DARLING in Men’s Warehouse – she teared up just a bit when she saw Craig in a tux jacket and shirt…TENDER!! She also got a SMOKING deal on her flowers! Hopefully after seeing the actual centerpieces and a bouquet we’ll still agree that the price is INSANELY cheap and absolutely UNHEARD OF! After we had conquered the wedding needs for the weekend, I headed for the grocery store. I would like to land there for a minute and ask just one simple question: WHY ON EARTH ARE GROCERY STORES SO CONFUSING??? I only needed a few things. I found them relatively quickly. Then Shalina had a few things on her list and I told her I would pick them up – fairly ordinary things – TOOK FOREVER TO FIND THEM. 1. Olives – not in the canned goods section along with the tomatoes that I needed, rather, they are in the condiments section. 2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pam Cooking Spray – not in the baking section, not in the oil section, NOPE – that can be found next to the PASTA! SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!! 3. Bananas – that was easy – no complaints on the produce section! I got home with the groceries just in time to throw them in the fridge, put on a RIDICULOUS outfit, and head out the door for Rachel’s 22nd DISCO THEMED Birthday Party! It was a blast – I love celebrating the people God has provided for this season of my life! Rachel doesn’t know how to do theme “halfway” so it was a madhouse – but it had her written all over it – and that made me smile to the very depths of my being. I collapsed into bed at approximately midnight after packing my bags for the big SLO/SB roadtrip…I was totally wiped and wasn’t sure how I was going to get up and head out for another two days, but I gave it the Lord and turned out the lights… a different set of neighbors decided to party on Saturday night so sleep was hard to come by, but before I knew it, morning had come, and it was TIME TO GET ON THE ROAD….

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so sad I had to miss the disco party! It looks like you guys had a great time!