Last night was the Grammy Awards...an epic night for American music. However, I haven't watched them yet because I decided I would rather watch The Bachelor Wedding (an epic night for women everywhere and Chris Harrison) with my best, Carrie. She enticed me with cookies and cute children that needed to be cuddled - it wasn't really even a question! After Sean and Catherine were blissfully wed (Sean's Dad was just darling as the Officiant - I think he was my favorite part, maybe other than Catherine's dress which was divine), I did catch about 2 minutes of Lorde's performance and I just don't understand what happened to her nails...I don't think it counts as a manicure if the entire tip of your finger is painted black...strange-sauce! Anyway, I will probably watch the Grammy's eventually - or at least fast forward through them so I can see TSWIFT perform (love her!) but I had to look at the red carpet pics. I am (and forever will be) a total sucker for a red carpet. My favorite looks were all neutrals with a bit of glitz. Taylor takes the lead in her stunning gold strapless dress with a silver sparkle overlay. Perfection. I also loved Sarah Hyland (one of TSwift's real life friends and actress in Modern Family) in her black and white short dress! Fun and fancy while still looking young and feminine - these girls are babies after all (even if they are literally the rich and famous). I don't know if Anna Kendrick's dress is my favorite - but I just love her so I thought I'd throw her some blog love and Kacey Musgraves just looks phenomenal. Again, I'm not sure I love the dress it feels a little more Academy Awards than Grammys, and the layered ruffle might be a bit too much, but the air of class and sophistication is bar none and I love her manicure. Nails will win me over every time. There is quite a lull between the Grammy's and the Oscars, so I will have to wait a long time until the next red carpet...but praise the Lord it is a really good one! Until then, I will write ridiculousness and watch Oscar nominated films...
{This life is not at all what I expected and yet I long to live fully and with great joy as I make the very most of my one wild and crazy adventure. Regardless of what the circumstances may hold, I have NO DOUBT there is a great and mighty plan and I am eagerly anticipating all the King has in store for me}
Monday, January 27, 2014
the grammys
Last night was the Grammy Awards...an epic night for American music. However, I haven't watched them yet because I decided I would rather watch The Bachelor Wedding (an epic night for women everywhere and Chris Harrison) with my best, Carrie. She enticed me with cookies and cute children that needed to be cuddled - it wasn't really even a question! After Sean and Catherine were blissfully wed (Sean's Dad was just darling as the Officiant - I think he was my favorite part, maybe other than Catherine's dress which was divine), I did catch about 2 minutes of Lorde's performance and I just don't understand what happened to her nails...I don't think it counts as a manicure if the entire tip of your finger is painted black...strange-sauce! Anyway, I will probably watch the Grammy's eventually - or at least fast forward through them so I can see TSWIFT perform (love her!) but I had to look at the red carpet pics. I am (and forever will be) a total sucker for a red carpet. My favorite looks were all neutrals with a bit of glitz. Taylor takes the lead in her stunning gold strapless dress with a silver sparkle overlay. Perfection. I also loved Sarah Hyland (one of TSwift's real life friends and actress in Modern Family) in her black and white short dress! Fun and fancy while still looking young and feminine - these girls are babies after all (even if they are literally the rich and famous). I don't know if Anna Kendrick's dress is my favorite - but I just love her so I thought I'd throw her some blog love and Kacey Musgraves just looks phenomenal. Again, I'm not sure I love the dress it feels a little more Academy Awards than Grammys, and the layered ruffle might be a bit too much, but the air of class and sophistication is bar none and I love her manicure. Nails will win me over every time. There is quite a lull between the Grammy's and the Oscars, so I will have to wait a long time until the next red carpet...but praise the Lord it is a really good one! Until then, I will write ridiculousness and watch Oscar nominated films...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment