Well, another week has come and gone...
Sometimes it seems like once you enter adulthood, you basically live for the weekend - you go through the motions Monday - Thursday eagerly anticipating the arrival of Friday and the hope of spare time to do with as you please. I try to make every day count on some level, but I admit that weekends hold some allure that a workday just cannot. So praise the Lord that it is Friday and the weekend is upon us! Here are five of my favorite moments this week...
1. I rocked this absolutely fantastic and amazingly adorable double tassel bracelet in navy and hot pink from Wrist Soiree. Those tassels made me happy all day. Literally. I'm a huge fan of accessories, so they are pretty much always my favorite part of the week!
2. I spent Saturday and Sunday in San Elijo with my parents - the weather was a dream and the sunsets were breathtakingly gorgeous. I kept hearing the Sara Bareilles song "Chasing the Sun" playing in my head - the lyrics never fail to inspire me to look for the brightness of life and live it to the fullest... "You said, remember that life is, not meant to be wasted - we can always be chasing the sun. So fill up your lungs and just run. All we can do is try and live like we're still alive." There is something truly awe-inspiring about the vastness of creation and the power of our God. Finding that moment of still and quiet to truly soak it in was refreshing to my soul.
3. My childhood best friends Anna Garcia and Jenny Linthicum were also staying with their parents at the beach (beach camping has been part of our lives for as long as we can remember) so we got to spend some quality time together. We have been friends forever, so afternoon walks to Starbucks, painting our nails, and sitting around the campfire together are moments of perfection.
4. I took this random selfie and when I looked at it again, it totally looks like a glamor shot - which CRACKS ME UP! I bet those pictures are still proudly displayed on someone's mantle somewhere! I sent this via text to a few friends and had a really good laugh.
5. I went to see "her" with the Clark family. We are all on track to see all the Oscar nominated movies before March 02 and "her" was still on the list. I enjoyed the film(although it was perhaps one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen) and it left me contemplating, which is always a good sign. The basis of the story revolves around a man who falls in love with his operating system - and very soon you realize everyone is interacting more with their operating systems than with people. It's an interesting parallel to our society where social media has taken on a life of its own and truly controls and commands our presence in a lot of ways. I'm really glad I still have friends to see movies with - and that I'm not just in my head! Sounds like a really lonely and half-baked existence.

No comments:
Post a Comment