Friday, July 17, 2009

finally...

It FINALLY feels like SUMMER! praise the Lord. I feel like I have been waiting forever for this blessed season to arrive. Right now in California, the sun is shining warm and bright. I would love to say that I'm getting tan - that I'm spending hours each day enjoying the beauty of language while lying next to a pool or putting my toes in the sand - but unfortunately I am at work - in an office - with no windows to the outside world - so the only evidence of the sun's presence in my life is a slight tan on my arms which has now caused the area where I wear my watch and my Tiffany's bracelet EVERYDAY to be slightly whiter than anywhere else. ha.
Last night I went to a concert in the park with Rachel and Megan. We ordered salads to go from Olive Pit (a delicious Mediterranean restaurant) and then headed to Tri-City Park to set up our picnic. I have a ridiculously LARGE hot pink blanket that makes every picnic just a little bit better! Rachel brought the wine and we settled right in. Laughter resonated throughout the evening and I am absolutely certain that fun was had by all. While sitting in the grass enjoying sweet friends and looking up at the gorgeous skyline fluttered by giant trees and slowly changing clouds, it finally felt like summer...

No comments: