Tuesday, February 23, 2010

GOODBYE Adri...

After I graduated from college, I had big plans to LIVE THE DREAM and move into an apartment with Tessa (one of my closest friends from college)…but while I was gone serving as a missionary that summer, Tessa got engaged and EVERYTHING changed. I ended up moving in with my aunt and uncle in Orange County for about 7 months because I was already enrolled in a Masters Program in Riverside and commuting from San Diego seemed highly unrealistic. It wasn’t until March of 2008 that I officially joined the world of condos and roommates. HOWEVER, since then I have been living with two of the same girls: Lindsey and Adri-Anne. The third roommate has changed many times. Rachel was the original – she and I are still great friends...then there was Janice – she moved to New York…Shayna who just really didn’t work out…and now Shalina who is engaged and will be getting married before our lease ends thus meaning I’ll have a new 3rd roommate to add to the running list!
Although living with roommates is difficult regardless of WHO they are, I have been blessed to share my life with Adri and Linds who both love the Lord and live according to Biblical Principles. I have not had to fight many of the super awkward battles and I am so thankful for that (even if my house is kind of a mess!!). Anyway, last night we had a ROOMMATE GOODBYE DINNER for Adri who is headed back to Canada on Thursday due to some Visa issues and her desire to be ethical. We went to one of her favorite Thai Restaurants (Star of Siam) in Long Beach. I had Pad Thai (par usual) and it was good! It was a weird feeling to be having our “last supper” as roommates… I will definitely miss sharing my home with Adri…it is going to be STRANGE not having her around everyday!! Hopefully Erwin (her boyfriend) will propose SUPER SOON and then she’ll be back on a fiancĂ© visa planning her wedding!!! YAY!Nevertheless, the next couple weeks at my house are going to be REALLY quiet. In addition to Adri moving out, Linds is headed to Cameroon to visit for about a month…so it’ll just be me and Shalina…except that Shalina and Craig are headed to Lake Arrowhead for the weekend…so it’ll just be ME. I hope I don’t get the fear!!! {Megan, do you want to come stay with me this weekend??? SLUMBER PARTY???}

No comments: