Monday, January 18, 2010

kitchen woes...

Yesterday I was conversating with a far-away-friend expressing my woes over kitchen clean-up following the MIRACLES of my Kitchen Aid. I am completely convinced that I would do a whole lot more baking and cooking merriment if it didn’t come with a side of kitchen cleaning CHORES. There is nothing I hate more than finishing up a wonderfully deductible dinner only to realize that the next hour of my life will be spent with my hands deep in sudsy water while the dishwasher slowly fills up and the garbage disposal runs repeatedly. It is in a word, UNFORTUNATE. Well my sweet friend encapsulated the ENTIRETY of my emotions in this quote:
“CLEAN –UP, it’s the consequence for responsibility”
Think about it – you drive-thru and pick up dinner on the way home – it’s not as healthy and totally lazy – and yet you don’t have to clean up – there is absolutely no mess other than the singular paper bag to toss into the garbage can – totally do-able. OR you stop at the grocery store and buy the appropriate ingredients to make a healthy and more cost effective meal only to find yourself face to face with a kitchen disaster. I think there is something wrong with this picture. It’s JUST NOT RIGHT!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I totally agree except cooking for one is NOT cost effective or I'd actually do it more often! Ugh! Love you girl!

{shelly} said...

you are RIGHT cooking for ONE is not cost effective. BUT if you shop only at Trader Joes, you can do pretty well! :) hahaha!
iloveyou too friend!!!