Thursday, July 30, 2015

white legs on the loose...

2014 was marked as my year of the colored pant. I thought that was adventurous - I branched out in REMARKABLE ways and started rocking red and blue and even took it WAY outside the box with a polka dot pair. I had a pale pink and a turquoise at one point - but they were from Old Navy and l’m just going to say it how it is - Old Navy pants stretch…horribly…after approximately 2 minutes of wear. It’s ridiculous and annoying and entirely unfortunate so they were quickly retired from my collection. 

2015 has been known as the year of the leggings. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE A LEGGING GAL. NEVER. IN MY WILDEST DREAMS. NEVER. Are you catching my drift. I’m not what you would call small. I weigh significantly more than 115 pounds when dripping wet. So leggings just didn’t seem like a good move. However, I mentor these amazing girls at Biola (I call them my biola loves - you’ve probably red about them if you follow this blog) and they convinced me to try leggings. I bought the HUE brand from Nordstrom on their recommendation and they changed my life. Completely. One of my closies Amanda has now said to me on more than one occasion “I love that you basically rock the leggings all the time now.” That’s not to say that I’m boring and lacking in imagination with cute outfits - just that I have fully embraced the legging love. 


Well friends, today is the day I have come to tell you that summer 2015 is going to be ALL ABOUT THE BOLD SHORT. You read that correctly, this girl is now rocking shorts. Up to this point, I don’t think I’ve exposed that much leg since high school or early college, so at least 10 years, but I’ve lost a significant amount of weight and although my legs are a shocking white that is all kinds of scary and is likely to make you wonder if I’ve ever seen the sun, I’m finding new confidence (and maybe I’ll get a tan, or at least invest in a good tanning lotion). I now own a total of three (3) pairs - two from kohl’s - one in a bright floral with a teal undertone and the other a navy blue with white polka dots. The third pair is from target in the most darling bubble gum pink. This is SHOCKING to say, but I really love them all! Who would have thought! I wore the florals to a baby shower with a white lace top and got several complements (even down to a fb message from a friend asking me to be her personal shopper because my outfit was so stinking adorable) and the pink ones paired PERFECTLY with this casual chambray for a weekend excursion with the nieces and nephew (and also a casual monday if we're being honest - I work in advertising, I made it work!). So, you heard it here first - I’m fully embracing that short life…watch out world, these white legs are coming for you! 

No comments: