Thursday, January 15, 2015

OSCAR NOMINATIONS ARE LIVE!!

OSCAR NOMINATIONS WENT LIVE THIS MORNING and I for one am SUPER EXCITED! I haven’t seen any of the movies nominated for best picture so I have a LOT of movie watching to do in the next 38 days! Indeed friends, the countdown is ON. We have exactly 38 days to see as many nominated films as possible in preparation for the big event. I’m headed to Palm Springs next weekend to see Gan and I’m sure we’ll see at least one or two together!

The Best Picture Nominees are as follows:
American Sniper
Birdman
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything
Whiplash

There are only eight (8) Best Picture nominees this year! That’s a small number so I am really hoping I can squeeze them all in! Out of ALL the movies up for awards period I have only seen Into the Woods and Gone Girl. Usually I have a lot more under my belt at this point in Award Season, but my life has been a bit hectic and full as of late and I haven’t spent a ton of time in the theater. Also, my girl Jennifer Lawrence isn’t in ANY of the nominated movies. Can we all just have moment of silence. It’s a little sad. I know. I will recover and find other people to root for, but seriously it’s a major red carpet loss.

ALRIGHT, it’s off to the redbox races for me…

No comments: