Y’all it is OSCARS weekend and that can only mean 1 thing - eating the equivalent of my body weight in snacks at the annual S + J Oscars party where it is entirely appropriate to unabashedly judge celebrity fashion choices and discuss without reservation all thoughts on the award winners and their speeches. I CANNOT WAIT. At our first annual party, J and I were the only people in attendance and let me assure you the copious quantity of snacks was in no way reflective of the number of attendees. We like to have options and we like to eat throughout virtually every moment of the big show. I think our go-to is dips. We will probably have more than five this year plus several other savory treats and at least two sweet delights as well. We truly go all out. I’m telling you - it’s the party dreams are made of. Yoga pants and blankets on the couch with champagne in one hand and a spread fit for royalty within arms reach. Jenny and I have managed to see a respectable number of the nominated films this year. The only two best picture nominees we did not knock off the list are Revenant (which outside of Leonardo DiCaprio has absolutely NOTHING going for it in my personal opinion) and Mad Max: Fury Road - again just not my kind of movie. We made up for those two by seeing a couple of the Best Actor / Actress nominees like Joy because CHEERS to my girl J. Law and The Danish Girl because OH MY GOSH Eddie Redmayne was phenomenal and Carol because you just have to love Cate Blanchett - now that’s a classy broad. We are as ready as we are going to be - it’s time to shop, prep, and taste. Cheers to the very best of films from 2015! Eeek!

No comments:
Post a Comment