{This life is not at all what I expected and yet I long to live fully and with great joy as I make the very most of my one wild and crazy adventure. Regardless of what the circumstances may hold, I have NO DOUBT there is a great and mighty plan and I am eagerly anticipating all the King has in store for me}
Thursday, August 7, 2014
ROOTED
This summer I had the privilege of being in ROOTED - a beta group for a Bible Study that will kick off in a HUGE way at my church - Ev. Free Fullerton - this fall. Under the guidance of Erin Kerr, a group of us studied together, lived life together, prayed over one another, broke bread and truly learned what it meant to BE THE CHURCH. In 10 weeks, we became more than just friends - with a foundation in Christ and a true desire to grow together, our relationships became deep and meaningful almost instantaneously. Last night we had our final gathering and spent two-hours affirming the gifts God has given each of us. It was incredible to listen to my brothers as sisters as they generously lathered one another with words of encouragement, inspiring each of us to live as a vessel of truth. After dinner, affirmations, and communion, Jason humbly asked Erin if he would be willing to perform a baptism. So right then, right there, in the Encarnacion pool, I wept as Jason joined the family and proclaimed boldly that He belonged. It was the perfection culmination of our journey. Long after our time together officially came to a close, we lingered, sharing coffee and tea, conversing late into the night, hesitant to say goodbye knowing we won’t be together next Wednesday. What a tremendous blessing to love each other so much, after such a short time, that the goodbye was heavy. The Lord did tremendous things in our midst and I love that from this point forward I will get to watch as He uses each of us mightily to continue His work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen and I had a great time getting to know everyone in the group. It was an amazing time had by all and I really hope we get together often just because.
Post a Comment