Just kidding, I am as single as ever - but it is raining which is a wonderful and glorious occurrence. There is something so perfectly alluring about heavy droplets of water splattering on the brick facade of our antiquated building in historic downtown Santa Ana. It is going to make walking to lunch with Shannon and Sienna a bit grotesque, but overall I just love watching the cascade through the window.
In typical Friday fashion, here are some of my very favorite moments from the week...
We had an unanticipated plumbing issue that drastically changed my plans for the weekend. However, it did allow me some down-time that was greatly appreciated in the long-run. I used the hours cuddled up on the couch immersed in an absolutely fantastic book. I finished The Fault in our Stars in a single day and absolutely loved it. I don't think I could tell you the last time I spent hours in a work of fiction, but I plan to do it far more often in the future.
Sunday I headed to San Diego to see my parents and spend some time with Anna. Anna and I went to Charming Charlie where we tried on approximately 20 pairs of hideous sunglasses that claim to be "on trend". We both came home with the same ($9) pair and according to the quantity of likes on instagram, they were a good choice. I think they're hilarious and I'm still not sure I have enough sas to pull them off!
Monday AND Tuesday were Bachelor nights this week. I honestly can't even believe I'm still watching the show since it is one episode of pathetic after another. However, there was a forecast for lots of tears and that typically makes for entertaining television. Unfortunately, it was all a ruse. At the end of the FOUR hours of total numbness, I don't like Juan Pablo any more than I did before, and I lost all respect for Andi who is slated to be the next Bachelorette. Do you think that will stop me from watching it, NEVER!
Wednesday I had breakfast with the gorgeous Mindy Taylor and we discussed her upcoming nuptials. Mins and I have breakfast at Kimmie's Coffee Cup about twice a month. We used to order oatmeal with blueberries. Delicious. However, we have since wised up and we are ordering full-on-breakfast. Let's be honest, if I'm gonna get up and be at a restaurant around 7:00am I want real food (especially since the cost is virtually the same)! We are GENIUSES Mins!
Finally, as pathetic as this is, a favorite reality of the week is that THIS is the week network television returned in all it's glory. 2 Broke Girls, Chicago Fire, Modern Family, Nashville, Chicago PD, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood and SO MANY MORE I have missed you and am so happy you're back in my home! According to one of my best friends, I am a television athlete - I wear my title proud!
This weekend is THE OSCARS so you're sure to see me with a chocolate covered strawberry in one hand a some bubbly in the other! I cannot wait for the most anticipated Red Carpet of the season and the Award Show of ALL Award Shows! Plus Ellen Degeneres is the host. THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC!
1 comment:
DUDE--those are adorable!!!! I'm saving mine for Vegas!!!! Can't wait to wear them...not sure I look as cute as you do though!!!!! :(
Post a Comment