Wednesday, October 6, 2010

UPDATING the bridesmaid frame...

i am SICK TO DEATH (not literally because quite obviously I'm still alive) of my bedroom decor. in college i got into the horrendous habit of changing my decor scheme entirely once a year - because i moved in and out of dorms and apartments so frequently. now that i'm an adult - we're reaching that 1 year mark and i'm getting ANTSY for a new view. i have some great ideas for how to revolutionize the entire space (without spending money - i'm out of college now - so i'm POOR! they don't teach you about THAT reality in school!) by use of pictures and prints. first stop: the bridesmaid frame.
years ago i purchased a frame with a LOT of spaces (9 to be exact - but let's be honest, there aren't enough) in hopes of framing pictures of the girls nearest and dearest to my heart. throughout the years the girls included in the frame have changed...and even for those who are STILL holding strong, it was time for a photo update. Anna and Jenny earned their places in the frame when we were LITTLE girls planning our triple wedding...THAT dream isn't going to come true {praise Him from whom all blessings flow} but we were in each other's weddings {or will be respectively} so I say that counts! Sara is my best friend...we met at World Changers in the summer of 2004 and we have been through EVERYTHING together since then. We don't get to spend a lot of time together in person - but she came to visit in June - and we had a BLAST just living life together for a week. Emily Trammell was my WC teammate - and one of the BEST teammates EVER! She came to Cali to visit in April {and there is a rumor of a trip to Missouri in the beginning of 2011} so we needed a photo to encapsulate our time together. she is OBSESSED with the beach - so this one seemed appropriate...until the next visit makes it OUTDATED! Susan is my other World Changers love. She and I met my very first summer on staff...i will never forget our first conversation - in the La Quinta in Alpharetta with Calvin Ho and Rachel Briggs and she was wearing a cowboy hat {she was notorious for that back in the day}. we got to spend a whopping 12 hours together at the beginning of April and I wouldn't have traded those hours for the world. I gave her a small taste of Southern California...and I'm pretty sure it was enough to entice her to come back! Megan has been in the frame since her freshmen year @ CBU when we became great friends. However, our ADULT FRIENDSHIP has made things even SWEETER. she moved to Nipomo in May - so I updated our photo to one from my most recent trip - this is us - at our place - the little creek in Arroyo Grande...that was a PERFECT hour of our lives! Shalina is probably the NEWEST addition to the frame - she and I were roommates for almost a year and then planned her wedding together. She recently became Mrs. Craig Trulgio - but since I have pictures from the wedding {rehearsal dinner to be accurate} already framed in my room, I went for the second best memory - OUR TRIP TO ELLEN! ahhhhh! so great! and we looked GOOD too {even on tv!}
now OBVIOUSLY these are not the ONLY girls who will be bridesmaids - they are just the ones who got updated pictures - the FULL list is LONG and I'm going to get mocked INCESSANTLY when the day comes - but I am SO thankful to have wonderful friends...so the bridesmaid list is {subject to change and pending approval}:
Julie Swope, Jamie Swope, Anna Garcia, Jenny Holden, Sara Linkous, Emily Trammell, Susan Whitley, Megan McAlpine, Shalina Truglio, Rachel Reinert, Rebecca MacKenzie, and Jenny Redmond! We are going to have a GOOD TIME LADIES {when the day comes - until then...it's all just pipe dreams!}

2 comments:

Megan said...

SO glad I stayed in the frame even though I've moved!

saralinkous said...

so blessed to be in this frame. and to have met almost everyone else who is in it!