Monday, December 29, 2008

christmas...

I could start this blog by listing my favorite gifts this Christmas…I got the CUTEST red and white polka dotted teapot, fun new pajama pants, a penguin Christmas ornament, mugs galore, a grown up Christmas basket, origami earrings, a purse…the list goes on and on and on. I got so many material possessions this year and yet as I sat there opening gifts, it wasn’t the presents that intrigued me. It was the laughter and true friendship that exists within my family that warmed my heart and made Christmas feel special this year. It was Madeline rolling around on the floor playing with the paper and ribbons, Kevin and Dad talking excitedly about the workbench they would be building. Mom looking lovingly at the framed handprint and footprint of her granddaughter creatively made into a bee and flower, grandma trying on the slippers that mom got for Julie when Julie got another pair, even Aunt Sandy re-gifting and wrapping in sprouts re-usable and environmentally friendly grocery bags. Although my love language is gifts, the sweetest gift this season was quality time. I’m overwhelmed with thankfulness and my heart explodes with joy. God is SO good.

No comments: